The Field Technician is responsible for pulling all orders for parts located on a vehicle in the yard.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Dismantle vehicles within the suggested time constraints in a safety conscious manner
- Label and tag parts for orders
- Maneuver heavy objects
- Check the quality and product type of the parts
- Must own and maintain all the tools necessary
- Subject to intense physical labor and repetitive lifting
- Must be able to work outside in various types of weather.
- Works with hydraulic oils, motor oils, antifreeze, and diesel fuels.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: High School Graduate preferred.
Experience: Must have hands-on automotive repair experience. Must have a basic understanding of the function of each part of a vehicle. Must use hand tools, air tools, and torches. Must be able to lift at least 75lbs.
Tools: Essential to have a complete set of standard and metric, both hand tools and impact grade sockets. Must have at least one air impact wrench and a second back up is highly recommended. Should have tools from a brand that offers lifetime warranty: Craftsman, Matco, Mac, Snap-On, etc.
Licenses: Certified in refrigerant evacuation. Fork lift certification. Training and certification available.
Report to: Production Manager or Supervisor
This job description is not to be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Employee may be required to follow any other related duties required by management.