Pick up and deliver parts to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Checks with the parts manager, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order to each pick-up
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient’s signature on each delivery entry
- Unloads truck each evening, and turns in all paperwork and undelivered/returned parts
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance
Education: High School Graduate preferred.
Experience: Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s license with at least 5 years of driving experience and a clean driving record.
Report to: Production Manager or Supervisor
This job description is not to be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Employee may be required to follow any other related duties required by management.